such is my life.

December 04, 2005

i have lived in this apartment for about 4 months.

everyday, i go into my room, and turn on the lightswitch.

the said lightswitch has never worked. never.

it doesn't work, because i don't even have a light in my ceiling.

you think i would learn. but i don't.

this incident is so similar to almost every other aspect of my life.

you think i would learn to not spend money when i know i have a $500 bill coming up.

you think i would learn to guard my heart.

you think i would learn that i have short hair and don't need a handful of shampoo anymore (and haven't for years...).

you think i would learn that you're never done with laundry...even if you actually do finally wash the pink pants, the clothes you are wearing are always going to be dirty.

i'm a fool.

but maybe one day, i won't reach for that switch. or write that check. or fall for THAT guy. or waste shampoo. and maybe one day, i will break down and do my laundry naked...just so every ounce of my clothes will be clean.

one day, everything will finally make sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home