such is my life.

October 26, 2005

if you had asked me two years ago if i thought that there would be any downsides to having a washer and dryer in my apartment, i would have said no.

but that was before i had ever HAD a washer and dryer in my apartment, and before i knew of the curse of the pink pants.

"what's the curse of the pink pants, kim?"

i'll tell you oh, faithful readers.

so it goes like this. i have one laundry basket. when it comes time to do laundry, like today, i typically go through and sort.

when i had like 50 washers to use all at the same time, the stacks went like so:

whites.
lights.
darks.
jeans.
towels.

now that i have one washer that has the capacity to hold one pair of underwear and one sock, the stacks look more like this:

things i want washed right now.
things that can stay dirty for longer.

so, i'll be honest in saying that the "things that i want washed right now" are ALWAYS the following things:

my urban outfitters t's.
my favorite jeans.
my grey capris.
my circus shirt.
my rockets shirt.
my brown pants.
my black capris.
any underwear found in the stack.

so therefore, these are always the things that get picked out of the laundry basket, which CONTINUALLY leaves the "things that can stay dirty for longer" to stay dirty for longer.

yes. you guessed it. it's pink pants. granted, there are also some other things, but the pink pants are the most noted, and probably the longest standing in the "things that can stay dirty for longer" pile.

thus, the curse of the pink pants.

everytime i sort, they are there to remind me that i haven't done my laundry in it's entirety since the last time i wore those pink pants. and in all honesty, i can't even tell you when that was.

i'm a slob.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home