such is my life.

October 06, 2003

since i figure becky will tell everyone anyways...i almost died yesterday. so, here is the story...from my perspective.

10:58. late for church already. closing the door, i squeeze in the normal "be good" to my dog, hoping that one day she will actually understand what i am saying...and decide to do so. door locked. check. bible in left hand. check. keys in my right hand. check. so, i start heading down the stairs. a steady pace. until.........du du duuuuuhhhhh...my foot slips off one of the stairs, completely destroying my stair rhythm, and causing me to stumble...head first down the stairs. luckily for me...i have ridiculously sweet reflexes, and DO NOT fall...but jump stairs like three and four at a time...using no hands...in a skirt...all the while, thinking to myself, "why isn't becky freaking out that i am about to die here?" i make it to the end of the stairs, but hitting level ground caused me to jerk forward, so i now am bent in half, running...with nothing to save me from my dreadful fate...the pavement. but oh. God shone his face on me. and there...three parking spaces over...stood quasar. he was my savior...if only i could make it to him. trot, trot, trot. huge gigantic leaps. and smack. right into his side door. but no fall. i look in the window...and there becky sits. buckled into her seat. and me still thinking, "why didn't she come help me."

so. there you have it. my side of the story. and for all those wondering, like myself, "why didn't she help me?", here is her side of the story.

10:58. late again because i always have to wait on kim. so, i head down to the car, get in...searching through the cd's. and i look up to kim coming from the bottom stair, head first, running at the car. or more like, bent over and flailing. and all i can think when she hits the car is, "she's gonna scratch the car with her keys!!" but then i realized what happened and started cracking up. still no sympathy from me. it was too funny. i wish it would happen again.

and, since this is my time on the blog, molly drooled on herself at the symphony yesterday. i couldn't let it go unnoticed.

so, there you have it folks. both sides of the story. and a little extra. so, hopefully, none of you ever start to die when becky is around. she will only be thinking of 1) what music you are going to listen to at the funeral, 2) who will get your new car, that better not have any scratches, and 3) when she will be amused like that again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home