such is my life.

November 05, 2003

my body is not used to the time change. everyone wakes up early, but i don't. there is no need. i have nothing to get ready with. therefore, my clothes are already picked out, my braids stayed in through the night, and i have gum in my pack. i wonder when my bags will get here. we step outside, and it's snowing. snaining is what steve says they call it. all i know is i have sandals on, and no assurance that my clothes will be coming anytime soon.

we leave the trailer for steve's house. we have some training stuff we have to do. new situations like these always make me feel like a dork. free time is frightening if you feel less than cool. so, i check my email. i write becky and i write the current love of my life, two things i was very hesitant to leave.

the next two days were a blur. i am still wearing the same outfit. my bags finally arrive in el portal. apparently, they decided to stay in vegas and gamble. finally, clean clothes, my own pillow, and some pictures of home i have been dying to see.

we get up early and go on a hike. steve stops at every plant and tells us what it is. he tells us how we know what direction we are going in by the vegetation...he knows everything about everything. the hikes kills us all, and we are not mad to find that a tree has fallen and blocked the bridge we need to get across the river. the boys go back to steve's house, and us to the trailer. it is time to pack for our big move to our tents in the valley.

cheese. picture time infront of tunnel view.

we arrive at the human resources building and go to a conference room in the back. we are all about to find out where we will be working for the next three months. "please not housekeeping, please not housekeeping...yes!" i got a job at the grocery store, known as the village store. the village store requires that you wear a short sleeved denim shirt, khaki polyester pants, a khaki belt, and black shoes. yeah. we will see how long that lasts.

tent assignments with wolf. wolf is a tall guys with no hair. his wife sent us over from uniforms to him. keys in hand, i step into my new home. tent #21 in boystown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home