such is my life.

November 28, 2004

the rumors are true.

i haven't brushed my teeth since about 11 o'clock am on friday. i still stand by the fact that it is not my fault.

my flight here was really long, but very eventful. first of all, i saw jordan knight at the airport. i swear, it had to have been him. if i had talked to him, i would have told him that there was nothing more gay than putting out a cd in the 2000's of redone new kids on the block songs. bad move.

then, the airport had the thanksgiving parade on...but it was not macy's thanksgiving parade. i started a rally and we all began chanting, "hell no. what's this show??!!??" not really, i just boycotted it by standing directly under the tv so i wouldn't have to watch them slaughter the best thing that happens on thanksgiving day...well, besides everything else that happens on thanksgiving.

and then there was the guy in front of me from austin to dallas. APPARENTLY, this fool had done a little drinking the night before. so the entire hour, all i could smell was him sweating alcohol. my second most unfavorite smell...the first being mildew. thank you mr. i-am-gonna-sleep-off-my-hangover-in-front-of-you. oh, and let us not forget the guy who sat next to me who insisted on analyzing my fidgeting. i would like to thank him for many minutes of awkwardness.

and then there was lunch. what is there to eat at dallas-love? mcdonald's. so, i had a traditional thanksgiving lunch, also known as a cheeseburger. and i used every bit of money i had to buy it. i gave all i had to that cheeseburger and what did it give me? a stomach ache for two days on the two days that you don't want a stomach ache.

the flight from dallas to lubbock might have been the best flight i have ever taken. a seven year old boy came and sat by me, and i was really annoyed...being that the seats next to me had been previously empty. but then, he decided to read to me, for the entire trip. dr. seuss. my idea of paying attention to his reading was staring at the guy caddy-corner to us. my staring was for one of two purposes.

a: i was trying to figure out what book he was reading.
b: i was trying to figure out what suit he would look better in at our wedding.

so, 4 books later, i arrived in lubbock to spend countless hours with my family and a few quality hours with my friends. i love you all, and it was great to see you...especially the taylors who were neglected the last visit.

see you all in about a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home