such is my life.

April 16, 2004

first of all...blogger...seriously. you just aren't gonna work today? oh. okay. Apparently, neither am i.

second of all, i humbly apologize for my lack of posting. i know it's not easter anymore...and i know that i haven't posted in over a week...but hey...there have been worse offenses in our blogging community.

the older i get, the more i realize that i don't desire a social life. i ENJOY staying home alone...and i nearly dread social functions. i don't know the reason for this change, but i will go on record to say that i love you all, even if i just want to stay home when you call. it's nothing personal...for you. and so, in light of this new realization, i am going to post on things that have hindered my social life at one time or another...not counting my hermit like nature...

number 1. orange hair. it's true. and unfortunately, i have had orange hair more than once. this was my first experience with orange hair. my friends told me i looked like the girl from my so-called life...i knew it was hideous. this was before i discovered the resilience of my hair. i was told to wait 2 weeks until i dyed it again...and so wait 2 weeks i did....with flaming orange hair. and...i was in high school. i had to go to school every morning...and i still was on the worship team on sunday mornings....the bright lights reflecting off of my ORANGE hair. somehow, i didn't have a problem sporting my billy idol blonde hair...even though i should have. i guess that time i just believed the lies of my friends when they said, "it's cute!!" you're all liars.

number 2. zits. there's nothing like a good case of breakout to make you feel like you are the ugliest thing that ever lived. i have many times hid out at home watching proactive infommericals with phone in hand.

number 3. the curse of tami hernandez. fever blisters. of which i am sporting now. fever blisters are disgusting. no way around it. first they are huge white blisters...then they turn green and start to look like you have a booger on your lip...then comes the ooze and the gaping hole...and then they finally heal up. thank goodness i am on the finally healing up stage. just think...if i had never drank out of her coke...this wouldn't be on my list today.

number 4. white legs. this one is unavoidable. i am white. really white. blindingly white. if blindingly is a word, my legs are it's definition. summer comes around, and everyone is wearing their shorts with their tan legs. but not me. i'm the girl in jeans. and if i do wear shorts...i feel that i should automatically point out that i KNOW that my legs are really white...before anyone else can.

and there you have it. four good and stable reasons i have refused to hang out in the past.

and matt...a new post, just so you will come back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home