such is my life.

August 15, 2003

uh...quite possibly the worst thing ever just happened to me. so, i am sitting in my room, and i hear these freakish noises coming from what i think is becky's cat. so, i go to becky's room, and he's just sitting there playing...and i hear it again. i look out in the hall, and the dog (not my dog i might add...for once this is not a story about my dog) has caught a baby bird in her mouth, and the baby bird is screaming! i think i am going to cry/throw up just writing about it. so, i try to get her outside, and she looks at me and starts CHEWING! i think that i might have to go to counseling the rest of my life for what i saw and heard.

anyways, moving on to less disturbing things...

the girl choked on the price is right. no new car for her. but she did walk away with $235.00.

and for the finale...here is a little ditty i thought of when i couldn't go to sleep last night.

finally. released from work. it seems like i have been in studio 8 since yesterday. what an awful day. it felt like my second first time there. for some reason i couldn't get my brain straight...nothing seemed familiar. Sigh. Breathing the fresh air, walking briskly, desperate for somewhere quiet, longing for something to startle this waking life. i pass a coffee shop. the smell of the grinds and pastries reminds me that i am always hungry. there is a girl at the counter that looks at me with recognizing eyes. have we met? walking, walking. past the guy always yelling atop his bus stop bench about the jeff t theory. one day i will ask him what it is, but today, i want to pass 44th and the end of the world. i pass my favorite bookstore, and stop to admire the new bestsellers...6-4 dissonance, this side of mediocre: a somewhat democratically elected blog, and then i found $100. titles these days. sheesh. i think i will write my own book...title pending. here comes my block. i know every crack in this sidewalk, every vine on this building. loft 312, that's me. thoughts from the third floor rarely escape it's high ceilings and vast emptiness. i like it that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home