such is my life.

August 04, 2003

okay. i give in. so maybe i wasn't quitting. maybe i just needed a break. to find my voice again. i have been very challenged lately these two statements...

shake off sloth and indifference

and

is God in control, or is He not?

okay. trite as they may seem, they have continuously been on the forefront of my mind...and for this, i am truly grateful. i have been challenged daily by the way that i manage my time, the way that i reflect the Lord to others, the way i approach the Lord in every aspect of the phrase. i have been a slave to sloth and indifference. i am thankful that the Lord desires more for us than we do for ourselves. that He is not content with letting us stay in the same place. and to God's control...such a common idea, that is so easily taken for granted. this has completely changed my mindset. for me to be upset that things don't "go my way"...what a shame. what a wretched idea that the Lord just "let's" these things happen...for no reason. what a disgrace to His name. all summer, i have been praying that the Lord would teach me what it was to be content in all circumstances. here is my answer. how could i not be content truly believing that the Lord is in control of it all...from who i marry, to what my hair is doing in the morning. contentment brings a subtle peace to my life that i have lived without for more than i would like to say. and it all rests in the fact that i know Who is in control. and i am thankful that it is not me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home