such is my life.

June 06, 2003

ok, public. i heard your cries. here i stand...sit rather...thinking, pondering, contemplating...wracking my brain for some sort of post. so...here is a list of my top ten favorite things, and a list of my top ten not so favorite things...

top ten favorite things:
1) naps...long naps...like the kind of naps that you have if you have taken a little bit too much nyquil...those naps...and there is nothing quite like the feeling of shaved legs and clean sheets...and unfortunately, i know that some of you boys know exactly what i am talking about
2) sunsets...the kind of sunsets that you can't help but sit silently in front of...breathing them in...admiring their excellence
3) baths...i know that all of you probably would have thought that i would put this in my top ten not so favorite list...but you were wrong. i love baths...baths on cold days...or after really sucky days of work...give me some denison witmer, a bath, and some candles, and the world is right again
4) shoes...i know...it's the typical girl response...but i have some serious emotional attatchments to almost every pair of shoes i own...and almost evey pair of shoes i don't
5) thinking...i love to sit and try to figure the world out. if i don't have thinking time each day, i become seriously disfunctional, which also happens if i have had too much thinking time each day...and nothing helps a good thinker out like a good ol' drive through the country with the windows down...
6) insight...to go along with the theme of one word and then the explination, i resolved to put insight...i love when the Lord reveals something to me...something very trite, or unexpected...when He shows me something that for years and years went unnoticed in stories in the Bible...and also in my own life...
7) music...uh, i don't feel that i should need to expand much further than this one word, because i feel that most of you who read this blog feel the same way about it...
8) candy...i love candy. seriously. i am a candy addict. i can feel my mood change when i need chocolate, or skittles...i love candy. that's all there is to it. sue me.
9) cloudy days...i love cloudy days like seniors love furr's. seniors and becky that is. cloudy days make everyday better...that is why, one day, i will pack up the good ol' tempo, along with my music, shoes, and my dog, and head for seattle
10) friends...they make me laugh harder than i make myself laugh...which is quite an accomplishment...you know who you are...

top ten not so favorite things:
1) waking up...there is nothing i hate more than being woken up in the morning...or the afternoon for that matter..especially when my mom comes in and sprays me with water...or turns on the light...or pulls the covers off...oh the rage in my heart
2) red beans and rice...okay...maybe i am five, but the thought of them makes me want to gag...let alone chew them up and swallow them
3) fish...refer to above explination
4) discover card...yeah, this one is probably my fault...but i owe my soul to discover...and my children's children's children souls as well
5) things that fly...i know that it is an irrational fear, but birds and bugs with wings...i will scream and run like richard simmons if they confront me
6) thunder storms...i am now wishing that i hadn't started this list...i feel like a serious loser...they just stress me out...the lightening more than anything...uh...i just feel nervous that because i am super tall, that the lightening will be attracted to me (like most things in nature are...especially boys...yeah...especially boys...)
7) tapered jeans...they are my nemisis...they suck every part of life in me when i see them rear their ugly head............can't.......breathe......
8) socks and sandals worn together....at the same time...refer to above explination
9) gas...getting gas that is...it makes me mad everytime i look at my gas tank and it is empty....what a ridiculous expense....don't even get me started
10) my good friends pressuring me to post something new...do you think c.s. lewis had something new to write everyday?? probably. but i don't.

welp, i am off to eat some serious food...it is friday after all...and i am going to party like it's 199....er...2004.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home