such is my life.

July 27, 2004

sometimes i can smell the future.  today the future smells like hospital blankets and chicken fried steak.  the statues at the hospital reminded me of statues guarding buildings i have never seen.  they made me smile.  my mind is a well traveled nomad.  it has been to places that have never been stamped in my passport, driven roads my tires have never touched, and taken pictures of places that i have never seen with my own two eyes.  as of late, it seems that my mind and it's desires are taking over.  i am a month away from moving and i have already planned the next place for my feet to wander.  as of today, it's nashville, after that, who knows.  i wonder if those statues that seemed so longingly familiar will be found there again.  most likely they won't, but what will be found instead is something entirely different that causes that same sense of familiarity.  and to that, i will still smile, and dream of where it might be found and how long it will take to get there.

stamp. 

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are too cool. too cool for school. i'm gonna miss you.

1:13 PM  
Blogger kim troutman said...

no matty...i will miss YOU! i watched kelsey's video today and it made me sad! i already miss you, and then you will come back, and i will leave, and i will have to miss you again!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Elise said...

Well THAT was beautiful! Where are you moving off to?

3:05 PM  
Blogger kim troutman said...

i am moving to the greatest texas city of all time...austin!

3:14 PM  
Blogger pearce said...

and you'll have visitors so soon. maybe even a roommate. ha! maybe very soon. good post by the way. good post.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home